Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm in India!


வணக்கம்!
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to write a short note to let you all know that I have arrived in India safely! I flew out of Minneapolis on Tuesday morning (Aug. 2) and finally arrived at Hebron school on Thursday afternoon (Aug. 4), after 40+ hours of traveling! Thank you so much for your prayers - all of my flights were on time, my luggage actually arrived in India with me, and I have been adjusting well, without much jetlag (the time here is 10.5 hours later than Minnesota).
Over the last few days I have been meeting people, resting, learning a lot about the school and the city of Ooty where it is located, and have tried several new foods :) School officially starts on the 18th, but first we have orientation which starts on Monday and then run a camp for the staff kids while staff orientation and training happens.
Several highlights so far have been meeting all of the wonderful Indian staff (they have such servant hearts and ready smiles! A great inspiration for me :), getting to know other school staff from all over the world, exploring the open-air market downtown, seeing a bunch of monkeys on the drive up to the school, having tea parties with several of the staff members (this is a British school, you know! We have breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, supper, and sometimes evening tea :), enjoying the green plants and flowers (Hebron is on the same grounds at Ooty's botanical gardens), and spending time in prayer with the staff and my fellow co-workers (It is amazing to pray with people from Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, England, India, the United States, Canada, and several other places. About the only thing we have in common is our love for Christ and ministry at Hebron). Being here is a little overwhelming at times, but I know that God has lead me here and I look forward to seeing how He will work!
I will try to keep you updated as I have opportunity.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers,
- Liz Lackey


The school address is
Hebron School
Lushington Hall
Ootacamund
Tamil Nadu
643 001
India

I've heard mail usually arrives fine, but packages sometimes have problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment